Living Water International, Inc.

A Christian Service Organization... Leading by Example. Matthew 28:19

Sharleen's Blog

Forum Home > Spiritual Warfare > Access to Authority and Spiritual Warfare by Dr. Tony Evans

sharleenandrews
Site Owner

Access to Authority and Spiritual Warfare By Dr. Tony Evans

How do we fight this war against Satan and his angels? With all kinds of prayer and supplications. Ephesians 6:12 says pray with all kinds of prayer for all saints. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

Philippians 4:6-8 says Don’t worry about anything; instead, pray about everything; tell God your needs, and don’t forget to thank him for his answers. If you do this, you will experience God’s peace, which is far more wonderful than the human mind can understand. His peace will keep your thoughts and your hearts quiet and at rest as you trust in Christ Jesus. Let me say this one more thing: Fix your thoughts on what is true and good and right. Think about things that are pure and lovely, and dwell on the fine, good things in others. Think about all you can praise God for and be glad about.

Prayer gives us Access to Heaven (Our prayers must be confirmed in Heaven-but if we sin, God will not hear us): Ephesians 6:18 with The sword of the Spirit (which is the word of God): Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints; And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel.

History of the Jacob’s Ladder. Genesis 28:11-15Living Bible (TLB) That night, when he (Jacob) stopped to camp at sundown, he found a rock for a headrest and lay down to sleep, and dreamed that a staircase reached from earth to heaven, and he saw the angels of God going up and down upon it. At the top of the stairs stood the Lord. “I am Jehovah,” he said, “the God of Abraham, and of your father, Isaac. The ground you are lying on is yours! I will give it to you and to your descendants. For you will have descendants as many as dust! They will cover the land from east to west and from north to south; and all the nations of the earth will be blessed through you and your descendants. What’s more, I am with you, and will protect you wherever you go, and will bring you back safely to this land; I will be with you constantly until I have finished giving you all I am promising.”

As we pray and make requests or declarations in communion with the bible, the gates of heaven open, and God’s angels ascend up and down Jacob’s ladder to bring us God’s answer.

You need to know your position in Christ. Your position in Christ depends on how well you know Jesus Christ as your savior, healer, deliverer, etc. As your knowledge grows in Christ, your access to heaven increases and the more your faith increases. In the battle, we are operating on the Defensive Team or operating on the Offensive Team: Defensive team is always trying to manage an attack from the enemy. But the offensive team is always going into the enemy’s camp to releasing the hostages taken captive by the enemy.

Weapons we use to take back territory that the enemy stole from us: God has given us 6 weapons to use in the battle; 3 weapons we keep on permanently and 3 weapons we use as needed:

1. We have three weapons that we must never take off and dress up: belt of truth,

righteousness of Christ and the shoes of the gospel.

2. We have three weapons that we use to gain victory over the devil and his demons: The shield of faith, the sword of the spirit and helmet of salvation. Ephesians 6:7 says with the shield of faith, the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, (which is the word of God) along with prayer: use these weapons to bombard heaven and use Christ’s authority to fight in the heavenly places.

We need to Dress up for the Battle: Ephesians 6: 10-18. Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might. Put on the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. Wherefore take unto you the whole armor of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation.

--

Psalm 37:4

Delight thyself also in the Lord; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.:)

March 6, 2017 at 6:26 AM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.